Registration is now open!
Machine Pitch Baseball is a great way to continue to develop the fundamental skills required to be a baseball player while helping prepare children for their future participation in sports as well as life.
The league is co-ed and open to boys and girls from 8-13 years old (age as of 3/1/2021). The league will consist of at least 2 age divisions with the exact age split to be determined based on registration numbers (usually 8-9-year-olds and 10-13-year-olds). Also, since we are a recreational league, we ask all our coaches to have their players play varied positions throughout the season. The registration fee is $80. Registration for this league will close at 11:59 pm on Monday, February 14th.
As Crossroads Sports has grown to the extent that we now have more than 3000 participants annually, the number of "same team player requests" and "specific coach requests" has reached the point that we are no longer able to accommodate all the requests due to time constraints along with our desire to attempt to create "equally skilled" teams.
With that being said, as this is a ministry in which we use sports as a way to reach new families (outreach requests), we will accommodate a request to play on the same team if the person you have invited has not previously participated in a Crossroads Sports Ministry league.
In addition to this we are unfortunately not able to honor specific date and time requests.
However, we will still allow you to select one night that you are unable to practice, Do our best to have siblings practice on the same night.
To help create equally skilled teams, there will be one mandatory (please go ahead and place this on your calendar now) evaluation night on Tuesday, February 16th from 5:30-6:45. Players will only need to bring a glove. In case of rain on 2/16, our rain make-up date will be on Thursday, February 18th.
- Practices begin the week of March 8th and will conclude the week of May 10th.
- Teams will practice once per week on either Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday evening
- Players will practice at either 5:00-6:15 pm or 6:15-7:30 pm.
- Because of possible family scheduling conflicts, you will be able to exclude one practice night
- Each practice will include a 10-minute team meeting and devotion
- Practice days will remain the same for the entirety of the season.
- Practices will not be made up if inclement weather causes a cancellation. (please view our complete weather policy)
- Games are on every Saturday, starting on March 20th and ending on May 15th (With no games on April 3rd for Easter and April 24th for the Impact Conference at The Shepherd's Church).
- There will be a make up game on May 22nd for one rainout during the season.
- Games will be played on field 4.
- Games will take place between 8 A.M. and 4 P.M.
Required equipment includes:
- A glove
- Tennis shoes or rubber cleats (recommended)
- Black baseball pants without pockets
Jerseys, hats, balls, bats, and helmets will be provided. We will play on a lined field which will include team benches for the players and an outfield fence.